There is a soul, made of passion, continuity, commitment and professionalism behind the history of Sestri Shipyards. The Sestri’s engine and mind has the name of Fulvio Montaldo, who in 28 years of activity has transformed a shipyard devoted mainly to the demolition of work boats in barrels and tugs, in an efficient, advanced and highly specialized Naval Shipyards of today’s CantieriSestri. A structure capable of working at the highest levels and with the best professionalism, both on ancient sailing ships as well as on modern motorboats or complexes of service boats.
Since 1989 Montaldo, with the help of its staff, has succeeded in developing, expanding and modernizing the Shipyard. He pursued the quality by hiring and preparing more skilled craftsmen (not forgetting the fact that she was losing the long tradition of Ligurian welder and shipwrights). It has created tradition continuity, with the constant support of young people to the most experienced; connecting the yard into a top-notch network, tightening solid agreements with professional studios design, suppliers and industry leaders.
The development process has also gone by a continuous enlargement and modernization of the structures. The first major innovation was the modernization of the fishing yard that allowed to move even 40 meters boats in half day, against the three of a time. Since 1995, the evolution of the self-propelled hydraulic trucks saw a progressive arrival of new vehicles, up to the latest acquistions of 40-tons, the 300-meter modular and the 25-meter models, advancing the shipyard transformation and his ability to work on large yacht and hulls.
Thanks to shipyard’s strategy to allocate every year 50% of maintenance revenue and above all to the technological upgrading of the means of work, with the goal of replacing them every five years, today, the Sestri’s Shipyard occupy an area of 22,000 square meters divided into 13,800 sea area and 8,200 land, including warehouses, workshops, car parks, offices and open spaces. The latest innovation is the Service Center building, built in the 2015, as nerve center, with accommodation, gym, meeting rooms for employees and transit crews (equipped with solar plants that support much of the energy needs).
All together, permit to our shipyard to offers a complete and advanced range of services and unique facilities to our clients throughout the Liguria seaside station, that makes it one of the safest area in the entire gulf of Genoa, ensuring safety, reliability and high quality services to all ship-owners and commanders.
Over the years the Montaldo’s satisfaction have come from finishing assignments on prestigious boats that have made the history of yachting. First of all, probably the shooner America, perfect replication of the 1851 winner’s of what was called the Hundred Genoa Cup, today’s America’s Cup. ( http://www.nauticareport.it/pu
After that Vagabunda, a wonderful Goletta, 35 meters long with furnishings, furniture and original paintings of the ‘700, whose in restoration during eight months of solid work. Also the beautiful Sea Home, a Swedish shuttle service from 1919, whose restoration was born in collaboration with the Milanese Architect Matteo Picchio ( www.matteopicchio.com).
Many other boats have passed from here and others are still in the pipeline: With the handling of about 250 boats all year round, the Sestri ShipYard have now consolidated a strong reputation and certainty of having advanced structures, know-how and super skilled workers able to perfectly face any type of work for our clients.